Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Renovations...Hanging the Gyprock

The next step in our renovations was to hang the Gyprock, we started in mid-June and it took about two weeks worth of work (nights and weekends). During that time I was sealing the cedar door and window and we started some of the plastering, but we also had a bit of family help so two weeks is probably the right timing.

My dad has been a great help with the renovations (my family loves this sort of thing) and bought us/himself a plasterboard lifter and screw gun. Made the whole process a lot faster and less frustrating (thought it was still very frustrating!).



We bought all our sheets from Bunnings and spent just under $1000 on the Gyprock alone. We sized up each room and bought different sized pieces like a big jigsaw. In the kitchen the sheets were hung vertically ready to square set the ceiling, in the bedrooms/toilet we hung the traditionally (horizontally) and later installed cornice.

Kitchen ceiling was the first to go up
Bed 2 ceiling and the start of the walls

Bed 3 ceiling and part walls

Bed 2 all hung with a semi clean floor
Bed 3 all hung with a dirty floor
Kitchen hung with a wet floor.
Kitchen showcasing our new window


After the Gyprock was hung we had the opportunity to clean up and the mopped floors looked all nice and shiny (though the photos don't show the scratches and holes everywhere). We covered almost every available surface with plastic during the plastering stage, but as you can imagine, it didn't stay clean for long...

No comments:

Post a Comment